Winter Wear

I love taking my dog for walks.  It's a win-win for both our exercise needs.  In the winter, though, my ears get sooo cold.  And, for some reason, I almost always forget to put my headband on before we start our walks.  Then, by the third loop around our neighborhood circle, I start getting irritated by how I'm feeling and my ears start stinging.  It's then that I remember my headband. 

I can start my days like that, too.  I get movin' on whatever the agenda is and forget to reach for the things I'm going to need to help keep me warm and smiling through the day.

Like -- taking a quiet moment to look up.  Then, taking an extra few moments to give thanks to the One I'm looking up at.  And, then maybe even read a Word of encouragement from that same Someone who's looking back at me. 

He knows just the headband I'm going to need to help keep me warm and protected that day.

Comments

Popular Posts