You Are What You Eat

I always know when I haven't been eating the right way.  Unfortunately, I have a very unforgiving body.  I'm not one of those people that can enjoy anything and everything at whatever hour and to whatever portions my heart desires.  I feel the effects, good or bad, of whatever goes into my mouth. 

When I'm giving myself what my body needs, it thanks me and we get along.  But, when times like the holidays come and I'm trying everyone's Christmas cookies and having an extra glass of egg nog, it seems to visit the complaint office more and I hear about it.  Its condition is based on what it is given.

My heart is the same way.

If I am feeding on good things, my heart smiles back at me.  It loves when I talk to people I trust about how it's doing.  It enjoys eating things like nutritious reading material.  It appreciates not being ignored and loves when I pull away from my busyness to listen to any requests and needs it might have. 

But, if I am feeding on garbage, ignoring its needs and taking no time to talk to anyone about how it's doing, it feels less healthy.  And, if I continue on that same pattern long enough, its condition can become weak and even vulnerable to sickness.  Its condition is based on what it is given.

Comments

Popular Posts