Marshmallow Under Fire

Yum.  I love a good roasted marshmallow. 

It always amazes me how the fire is able to take something that is already pretty tasty and make it exceptional.  Softer.  Sweeter.  More Pleasing.  When done right, I am one happy camper.

But, I'm not a happy camper when I'm the marshmallow!

When I'm placed over the coals of life's trials and tribulations, I just want to scream, "UNCLE!" and beg for someone to pull me out of such an uncomfortable place!

But, 

when the work is done, and I am lifted from the pit, I, amazingly, emerge a better marshmallow than when I entered.  I'm softer on the inside.  Sweeter.  More Pleasing.  Changed. 

And, I'm not the only one to benefit. 

Someone else will probably taste my sweetness one day

as a result of my firepit experience.

Comments

Popular Posts