Traffic Party

It's amazing how 1 inch of snow can paralyze our city.  Traffic was bumper to bumper on roads I normally can go 60mph.  I was 40 minutes late picking up my daughters from school so I already knew the ride home wasn't going to be our normal scoot.  I decided to stop at the grocery store with them and pick up some pre-made dinner, since there would be no time to cook. 

All the way home, we ate, laughed, sang along to the radio's Christmas tunes, and stayed on the alert for Christmas lights and decorations.  What could have been 60 minutes of grief, turned into a portable Christmas party for me and my children. 

Before we knew it, we were home -- happy, fed and unfazed by what should have been defined as a miserable experience.

Life can feel like being in traffic -- we just want to get through it and just get Home already!!  But, there is joy that can be experienced in our journey towards Home.  There's even Christmas parties that can be had in the worst of traffic jams.  And, then, before we know it, we will be Home -- happy and fed -- in spite of the traffic.

Comments

Popular Posts