Me & My Junk

I cleaned out my purse today.

I'm shocked that I made it out alive.  It took me 45 minutes!  And, it's not one of those big bulky purses that can fit bowling balls and small lamps.  It's a compartmental purse.  It's small and made up of many, many sections.  I bought it specifically for that reason so it would help keep me organized.  But, I found out the hard way that the more compartments, the easier things get hidden and the longer it takes to clean it out.  Just when I thought I was close to being finished, my hand felt a zipper and, ugh, yet another area that I didn't even know about that needed straightening. 

I found safety pins, loose change, a broken eyeliner, tissues and old McDonald's napkins, snapped pencils, two pairs of my children's socks and even a pair of my own!  (like WHAT??)  I found paper clips, old gum wrappers, 6 packs of Extra gum (I thought I ran out of gum?  Where was that hiding?) I found used up chapstick, sunscreen (hello, it's December, I'm not going sun tanning!).  And, that was just what I could pull out of the main pouches.  When I got to my coupon book, I had to tediously sort through dozens and dozens of coupons so I didn't throw any out that were not expired -- though most were.  All this, and I didn't even touch my over-packed wallet yet!  In the end, I filled an entire plastic shopping bag and handfuls of extra junk that didn't fit in the bag.  What a process!  But, I have to say, it is better than living with its prior condition.  It weighted me down everywhere I went. And, it stopped being functional.  There was no space to add anything new.  It became nothing but a burden with a strap.


I sigh as I tell you that I have Someone cleaning out my other purse right now, too.  My heart.  And, frankly, I'm getting frustrated.  It's taking too long!  I mean, honestly, just do what You need to do and let's move on already!   But, apparently I have compartments.  I have some hidden pockets with zippers.  Just when I think the process is nearing the finish line, I feel another pouch open!  Man, I didn't know that pouch was there.  And, where did all that junk come from?

I guess this project is a process.  It's going to be better, though, than living with its current condition.  I'll be less weighted down and more functional.  Thank God that at least I'm in Good Hands.



 

Comments

Popular Posts