LOL!

My husband loves to laugh.  And, when I say laugh, I mean laugh.  He is able to find humor in just about anything and in every situation.  He's not ashamed of it nor tries to tame it.  It just comes out - even at inappropriate times and places, making me wish I had a box of sand to bury my head in.  Since laughter is good medicine, he seriously should be in the hospital right now for a drug overdose!

There really is something, though, about this thing we call laughter.  It's mysterious to me. 

I've seen it make cameo appearances at funerals when lives are being remembered.  I watch how its arms lift heavy weights of grief.

I've seen it whimsically turn a heated argument first into a smile, then a chuckle, and then gradually into a roaring bent-over laughter.  The argument is chased away and joy takes its place.

I've seen it heal boo-boos as my husband tells a joke to my daughter while applying her band-aid.

I've seen it give people reason to live again.  I've seen it give life to a situation that was dead.  I've seen it strengthen marriages and help bring restoration between father and daughter. 

I've heard of its legends and how it literally healed a man with cancer, helped a woman lose weight, and gave people a longer life.

And, the best part:  It's a free drug.  Yep.  No need to check our health insurance policies to cover it.  It is a gift.  A gift that is ours for the using. 

I want to make sure I use up my full portion of it today.

Comments

Popular Posts