ZZZZZZ...

How different life looks after a night's rest.

I'm not sure how, but somewhere between closing my eyes and reopening them the next morning, my perspective on things can shift.  I could go to bed feeling overwhelmed and defeated in life and then wake to see things with a different perspective.  It never ceases to amaze me.

*****

Sometimes all we really need to do is just SLEEP. 

I know.  In this world where we gotta keep things going and moving and pressing forward, it is hard to make rest a priority -- especially when you have a job (like being a parent) that might require you to give much of yourself on practically a 24 hour basis.  You give and give and give.  You work and work and work. 

But, we forget that we are not machines.

And, if we don't care for ourselves and allow the rest that is needed, we won't be much good for the task, or our jobs, or our service to others anyway. 

If we don't rest properly
  • Our minds won't be as sharp
  • Our moods and emotions can be unbalanced
  • Our eating habits could suffer as we might be tempted to grab the foods that give us quick pick-me-ups, and eat late at night --finding energy in food instead of sleep.

Sleep is powerful.  It is needed.  It can not be substituted.  And, it is a tool that offers us much more than we realize.

Good-night.

Comments

Popular Posts