Wash Up!

I remember when I was a kid, as soon as I walked in the house from school or from playing with the neighborhood kids, my mother would yell from wherever she was at in the house, "Wash your hands!!" 

She was (and is) a wise woman.  She knew she had to be on the offense with germs, otherwise, she'd be dealing more intensely with them later if they were given a chance to contaminate our home.  She was aggressive and unapologetic to such intruders in our house. 

I became well-trained.  Today, I find myself, as an adult, going straight to the sink to wash up as soon as I enter the house.  It was a good habit to form and I'm healthier for it.

I'm finding that there are other kinds of 'germs' out there, too, that I need to wash away each day.  If I don't take the offense, they are sure to affect me and my home.  Such things as:  Negativity.  Temptation of all kinds.  Unforgiveness and grudges.  Anything that can rob me of Peace.  Wrong thinking that can give birth to wrong actions down the road.  Words spoken to me that left me needing a hug.  Words I spoke that left the other person needing a hug and me needing forgiveness. 

The list can go on and on!  All things that are not part of who I am.  And so, I take them to the 'Sink' and get a good washing.  I hold on to none of it!  For none of it is good for me and my house!

Washing up daily is a great habit to form.  And, I'm so much healthier for it.





Comments

Popular Posts