Set For Life

I remember, not too long ago, there were advertisements for a new lotto game.  Set For Life.  If you won, you'd receive money every month for the rest of your life.  What security!  Imagine having a steady flow of what you needed all year long for the rest of your life?  Who wouldn't want that?  I certainly would.  And, I can't say I'm hugely materialistic.  I don't need all the newest and hottest items on the market.  For me, winning wouldn't mean finally getting my boat.  It would mean finally being able to relax.  To be able to finally not have to worry about where that dollar is going to come from to pay for this or that. 

But, the chances are slim that I would win.  Which I guess means I have to continue to live in my worry.  Right?

Wrong. 

There is Someone else that offers us a Set For Life opportunity.  But, no lotto ticket is needed and our chances for winning are 100%.  He said this... 

"Seek the kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need."

Did you catch that?  He will give you everything you need.  I don't know about you, but that to me sounds like the promise of security.  The answer to my worries.  The rest I've been so looking for as I run anxiously to provide for myself. 

Will I get all my wants?  Not necessarily.  But, my needs are cared for.  Just like He cares for the birds of the air and the lilies of the field, my Father takes care of me.  And, truly, I am even more valuable than birds to Him.

So, I'm set.  Set For Life -- as I run after Him.  In His path all provision is made.



Comments

Popular Posts