The Jack Inside The Box

Waiting in the box. 

(tick tock)

Waiting in the queue. 

(tick tock)

Waiting for the cue. 

(tick tock)

Waiting, 
waiting. 

It's sure taking longer than I first assumed.
I can't help but wonder if He forgot about the crank!!
(My apologies for being so frank.)

It sure is dark inside this box. 
I feel the sides. I'm secure within.
But somehow I still feel lost.
Like something is wrong.
Like something's not right.
Like I should have popped up by now.
Am I right? Am I right?

This waiting is torture for I have no control.
Only He can set me in motion.
The next scene is His to unfold.
So, I remind myself again to not give in to fear.
He has not forgotten about me,
even as I shout, "I'm here, I'm here!"

Though no one else sees me, 
I'm obvious in His sight.
I've never been hidden from Him!
I've never even left His mind!



and then...

Oh wait

I can hear it! 

I hush myself to listen...
There goes the music! 
It crescendos my anticipation!
My hope unfolds as each note is played
all I need to do now is simply be ready 
for this
yes this! 
must be my launching day!

3-
2-

then SUDDENLY 
I'm OUT!
I'm SUDDENLY in sight!
I'm SUDDENLY on display! 

HOORAY!! HOORAY!!

And now things are clear
why there seemed to be delay.
I see His timing's perfect
for this hour
for this day!  

Comments

Popular Posts