Me, The Splinter, & The Birds

I am enamored by birds. I can't take my eyes off them when they fly, especially when they are all carpooling South. It's so fascinating...their strength, their freedom, their care-free living, their sense of community, their gracefulness. It's like they say to me, "Wanna come up here and join us?  It's where Freedom lives and worry loses its foothold. It's where Trust steps in, and Faith knows that the Wind is strong enough to hold you." 

But, I have a splinter. 

I didn't even realize it.  I just knew my hand was irritating me, but I got so used to the irritation that I never really looked down to see what was bothering me. It was on the side of my palm near my pinkie where I couldn't see it. When I did realize it though, I was too busy to stop and take care of it.  So I lived with the irritation and the limitation. I figured it would work its way out on its own. But, it didn't and I couldn't ignore it anymore. I had to stop and ask for help. It only took two minutes for my husband to gently remove it. Ahhhh...what freedom from something so small! 

That's how worry can be (or, really anything that bothers my heart can be.) It keeps me from flying. It's a constant nagging. It steals my joy and peace. But I realize I just need to slow down and let it be addressed. And it is then, that I'm able to take flight and

                                                                                                           invitation.

                                                                                         birds'
          
                                                                       the
                                                 accept

Comments

Popular Posts