Illogical Living

If I had to think of someone who knew how to be ready for something, I would just have to include Noah on the list. You know, Noah's-ark-Noah. This man was ready. I mean, we're talking 100 years of him getting ready. Can you imagine?  And it was for something that he didn't really understand, that seemed completely ridiculous and even impossible when perceived through human logic. Soooo the man was either completely nuts or the wisest and smartest one in the room. I think the answer is probably yes to all the above. haha. And he probably knew it, too. I wonder how many times he put his hammer down while laughing and saying to himself, "I know God told me to do this, but this is nuts!" only to pick up his hammer again and keep going. 

Ya know what though? I bet no one thought he was nuts the day the waters broke lose! And I bet he had zero regrets for the 100 years of preparation. Him being ready through obedience saved his life and the lives of his family. His faith that turned into action was the key to preserving humanity and beginning again in a whole new world.


***

And we won't have regrets either when we follow Noah's cue. When God tells us to do something that seems illogical, outside human reasoning. When we obey - even when we don't understand. 

What kind of trust in God do you have today? 

Do you have the kind of trust that says, "OK God, even though this makes no sense to me, I'll do what You are telling me to do. Even if others mock or criticize, I'll still do it because I know You know things that I don't!"

Again, what kind of obedience 
do you have to your heavenly Father? 

Will you listen to Him when He tells you to build, even if it looks ridiculous? And, yeah, it just might. Like maybe you have been crying out to God to have children but you've been told by other people that medically it's near impossible. But God says, "You are going to have a baby and I want you to start saving your money now for him. And do see that baby outfit? Go buy it as an act of faith that I will keep My promise to you!"

wow. 

See God's not afraid to ask us to do things we don't understand because HE sees the future! He knows what He has planned for us! ("I know the plans I have for you.." Jeremiah 29:11). So He's not being cruel, He's being kind to start prepping you now so when 'the waters break lose' like they did for Noah, you'll be ready AND your faith will be strengthened as you see how all the pieces come together and God proves Himself faithful yet again! 

I have heard of people completely uprooting their lives and moving half way across the country with no idea why, other than God told them to. See God will always give us instructions, but many times it's one step of instruction at a time. When we obey the first step, He then gives us the next. 


wow. Again I'll ask: 

What kind of trust in God do you have today? 
What kind of obedience 
do you have to your heavenly Father? 

Would you uproot just because God said it? 

Would you start preparing for something you understand very little about? 

Would you start building, crafting, creating, getting educated on a particular subject (whatever it is God is saying to do) with little to no understanding of why? It makes me think of a friend of mine who woke up one morning and God told her He has plans for her to go back to college (in her 40s!). She didn't really know where that would take her exactly, but she didn't consider that as part of the equation in her response. She simply said, "OK God, that sounds like fun. Let's do it." And she did. And from there God opened ALL kind of doors for her! 

WOW!

I'll say this about following God: if you're waiting to understand and waiting for it to make sense, you're gonna be waitin' awhile! hahaha! We move by faith, we live by faith, whether or not we can reason it out. 

So how ‘bout, friend? 
Will you follow His instructions? 
Even if you don't fully understand it?


***

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29‬:‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/116/jer.29.11.NLT

For we live by believing and not by seeing.  2 Corinthians‬ ‭5‬:‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/116/2co.5.7.NLT













photo: Copilot





Comments

Popular Posts