Runaway Train

I live in my own world 
with my own clock 
and my own sense of time. 
I ignore the mirror and reminders it gives 
that life is moving faster
than I have realized.

Inhale/Exhale and suddenly it's over,
like a flower that blooms and then fades.
Its beauty for a moment,
a passing cloud that gives me shade.
Time is a runaway train, I'm afraid.

Do I live for myself
with the hours I have?
I look to the sky for some help.
I'm reminded just then that God has a plan
and the life that He gives won't wear out.

Inhale/Exhale and suddenly it's over,
like a flower that blooms and then fades.
Its beauty for a moment,
a passing cloud that gives me shade.
Time is a runaway train, I'm afraid.

So listen and be wise! Time is not on your side!
But God gives you a chance to make it all count.
Store up treasures in heaven, don't just live for the present,
so all you do here will go with you, no doubt!

Inhale/Exhale and suddenly it's over,
like a flower that blooms and then fades.
Its beauty for a moment,
a passing cloud that gives me shade.
Time is a runaway train, I'm afraid.

Yes, time is a runaway train, I'm afraid.





Don’t keep hoarding for yourselves earthly treasures that can be stolen by thieves. Material wealth eventually rusts, decays, and loses its value. Instead, stockpile heavenly treasures for yourselves that cannot be stolen and will never rust, decay, or lose their value. For your heart will always pursue what you esteem as your treasure. ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭19‬-‭21‬ ‭TPT‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/1849/mat.6.19-21.TPT


Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. 

For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. 

And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever. ‭‭1 John‬ ‭2‬:‭15‬-‭17‬ ‭NLT‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/116/1jn.2.15-17.NLT


…Your new life is not like your old life. Your old birth came from mortal sperm; your new birth comes from God’s living Word. Just think: a life conceived by God himself! That’s why the prophet said, The old life is a grass life, its beauty as short-lived as wildflowers; Grass dries up, flowers wilt, God’s Word goes on and on forever. This is the Word that conceived the new life in you. 1 Peter‬ ‭1‬:‭22‬-‭25‬ ‭MSG‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/97/1pe.1.22-25.MSG





Photo credit: http://clipart-library.com

Comments

Popular Posts