Absolute

There are some very clear absolutes in the Bible, no middle ground. For instance, you are either in the light or in the dark. You are either in the Kingdom or you're not; you're in or out. 

Very clear. Very absolute. And Jesus made this very clear when He taught. He didn't mince words. He didn't lie to please people and give them what they would maybe hope to hear. He was matter-a-fact and unapologetic. Why? Because the truth is the truth. It is what it is. And He wasn't going to go saying anything other than what was true. Love doesn't do that. Love tells the truth. And He is the truth and He is love. 

Here are a couple other absolutes: 

John 15:5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.” ‭‭John‬ ‭15‬:‭5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

This is one of my 'life scriptures'. He is the Vine, we are the branches. With Him I'm going to be able to produce MUCH, MUCHO, LOTS! But without Him? NOTHING. Stops me in my tracks every time. There is nothing in-between. I will either produce a lot or absolutely nothing at all. Let that sink in. 

And this scripture pairs well with it and even takes it to the next level.

Anyone who isn't with me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me." Luke 11:23 NLT

I'm either for Him or against Him. Again, there is no middle ground. So, if I'm not working with Him, I will not only produce nothing, but I will actually be COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE and be working against Him! As another translation puts it, if I'm not gathering, I'm scattering! I'm actually making things worse! GOOD GRIEF! 

Today is a reminder to make sure I really am lined up with Jesus. Am I in step with Him or am I working against Him, grieving His Spirit? 

Lord, draw Me closer today to hear Your heart and know Your voice. Help me stay in step with You. Fill my mind with your thoughts so it may be renewed. Lead me in Your way that I may never work against you. And may I always abide in You so I may bear much fruit! In Jesus Name, Amen.

























Comments

Popular Posts