Whimsical & Wonderful Counselor

I woke up a few times last night. And each time, I prayed for the Holy Spirit to fill my home. When I officially woke up for the day, I said, "Good morning, Holy Spirit." And I heard, "Hello, dear." His voice sounded playful, like a friend, but like a friend who serves. Like, "I'm here to help you." I imagined the characters in the movie Beauty and the Beast who Belle made friends with in the castle. They were friends who were there to serve and help her navigate her way. Here's a poem to capture it a bit. As I wrote it, I was imagining Him happily singing it as He masterfully and whimsically cleaned up a dirty room. He's so much fun!

Enter Holy Spirit...

Hello dear.
I'm here to help you!
I am a very helpful, playful mate, indeed!
I'm not afraid of messes.
I specialize in clean up!
I'm very, very, very organized, you see!

I come right in and fix things straight.
I empty all the rooms.
I take a look at each unkept item
and help you throw away things like old perfumes.  

Not every item in this place 
is going to help you out.
So, I lift the heavy things with ease and grace!
I open up the windows 
so you can see and feel the breeze!
I open up the closets.
hmmm What skeletons need to leave??

I'm not here to judge you.
How ridiculous is that!
Hahaha I'm here to help, not push you down!
I move with happy tunes and get you whistling along.
And before we know it 
the work is done,
the room is swept,
and we're ready for a day full of fun!

So, what do you say, My friend?
Come on! :)

Comments

Popular Posts