Wishing Is For Fairy Tales

Who doesn’t love a good fairy tale? I know, I know. There’s plenty of you out there. It’s not your thing. But I can’t imagine why. I personally love them and love where they can take me. There’s nothing impossible. Love always wins - no matter how intense the conflict gets in the plot. It’s threaded with great adventure and there’s a guaranteed happy ending every time. Come on! You can’t get any better than that! 

I know I'm not alone. Those of us who love them are probably like me: a bit of a romantic, an adventurer at heart who believes that all things are possible and good can come out of every circumstance, no matter how dark. 


The one thing about loving fairy tales, though, is that it's easy for me to perceive the Kingdom like it's some kind of fairy tale. I wish instead of believe. I dream big but don't really take it seriously like it's actually real. But listen! God's Kingdom is real! And His story is not found "Once upon a time..." His Kingdom is here and now. He is closer than we realize!


So as Kingdom people, we don't wish, we believe. Wishing is for fairy tales. Faith is for reality. You can only wish in fairy tales because it is all make-believe. It's all in the imagination. But that is not how it is in the kingdom of God. We are not believing in something imaginary. We are seeing, through eyes of faith, the spirit realm that we can't touch but know is there. 


Wishing takes you deeper into your imagination of what you could dream up on your own. Faith shows you that all you believe really is real and God has dreams for you that you could never imagine or come up with on your own.
Unlike fairy tales where impossible things can't actually come true in real life, faith lets you step into the impossible - in real life!


But just like fairy tales, our story with God really is laced with great adventure. We can dream big and we can believe that all things are possible. Love does win every time, good can come out of every dark circumstance, and there is a guaranteed happy ending!


So don't be afraid to believe! It's not a fairy tale. It's real!






Comments

Popular Posts