Perfectly Welcomed

One of the differences between Mary and Martha was their approach in welcoming Me. Martha, in all her kindness, thought that welcoming Me would mean more intense labor on her end. She strived to make a space for Me. 

Mary understood something that her sister hadn't yet - I never come looking to be fussed over by many man-made preparations. I don't come as a puffed-up, prideful king, but rather a humble servant that comes not to seek how I can be served, but how I can serve others.

So don't worry about the fuss. Come as Mary came - with empty hands and an open heart. She came to listen. She came to learn. She came willing to change. And in coming this way, she welcomed Me perfectly.

***

As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.”

But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”
Luke‬ ‭10:38-42‬ ‭NLT‬‬



*This blog is part of my “Speak Lord” series. It’s meant to be taken from the angle of God directly talking to us.



Comments

Popular Posts