Making Plans or Discovering Them?

We should spend less time in our day making our own plans, and more time discovering God's. If we really believe that God has plans for us, why are we still trying to create our own? It's a mindset switch. Instead of waking up everyday and saying, "What do I want to plan for today or tomorrow or next year..." We should say, "God, what are your thoughts? What do you want to show me about my day or my life today that you have prepared?" We may miss His plans simply because we are too distracted and busy making our own.

***

Open up and discover what's behind each door everyday. Much like a chocolate Christmas countdown. Everyday you OPEN a new door. You don't know what's behind it exactly, but you know you're gonna love it and devour it! :) My plans are like tasty morsels in your mouth. They always satisfy the hunger and longings because they involve Me. Don't get distracted with formulating your own plans. Many are a man's plans, but I direct his steps - I am the one that gives direction! Paul, the apostle, had no idea what would be next. But he willingly submitted to every place I positioned him. He knew it was far better to be in My will than lead his own life. He had tried that already and knew where it got him - in opposition to Me! 

So you see, when you form your own plans, based on your own limited understanding, you may just end up in direct opposition to Me - and not even realize it.



*A portion of this blog is part of my “Speak Lord” series. It’s meant to be taken from the angle of God directly talking to us. 


Comments

Popular Posts