Engage Honestly, Engage Simply

Focus on the things that bring life. Focus on the things that give instead of take from you. I will only give to you. This is My promise always. I will never give you a stone for bread, or a snake for fish. (Matthew 7:9) I give you what you need. 

I am not a cruel Father, ready to play harsh jokes on His kids. That is not who I am! Come a little closer to discover that. Discover that I am kind-hearted and giving, overflowing with compassion for you and your children. I am ready to pour Myself out into your life. Simply come. Simply ask. Simply seek. Simply knock. (Matthew 7:7)  These are not tasks that take a tremendous amount of labor or striving. See? I have made it easy for you to engage with Me. Come, ask, seek, knock. It is as simple as a young child coming to her father and making her request known. There is nothing fancy or formal about it. It is real. It is honest. It is beautiful. 

And these are the kind of worshippers, lovers, that I seek - ones that come to Me from the honest place in their hearts, the ones who will come and find Me in Spirit and in truth (the truth of who I am, and the truth of who they are). (John 4:23-24)

Comments

Popular Posts