It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

Mr. Rogers had great perspective on life. 
Whether it was rainy or sunny.  Cold or warm.  He sang his song to us...

"It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

It's a neighborly day in this beautywood,
A neighborly day for a beauty,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?

Won't you please,
Won't you please,
Please won't you be my neighbor?"


It was always a beautiful day for Mr. Rogers.  Because it was always sunny?  No.

It was beautiful because he wasn't allowing the forecast to dictate his feelings and attitude. 

His message was simple... it's beautiful because of his 'neighbors'. Us.  It was beautiful because he saw that today is a gift.  And, how happy he was to share that gift with us!

If I let my feelings and attitude be based on life's 'forecast', I think I'd only enjoy maybe 4 out of 7 days of the week. 

But, when I focus on the positive.  When I think on things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy.  When I take today as the gift that it is, I realize it is a beautiful day.  With or without the sun.



Comments

Popular Posts