Ask Me Again

"How are you?"

"Good.  How are you?"

"Good."

pause.  look.

"So..... How Are You?"

****************************

It's probably the number one question asked everyday:  "How Are You?"  Our programmed greeting.  We say it to people we know and people we don't know.  Most of the time, we're not really asking how they are.  

Sometimes, it's good to ask again.  

Pause.  Take a moment.  Get real with the person and invite them to open their heart.  Though their first response was "Good", their real response might be something completely different. 

I know for myself that I'm not quick to be honest about my feelings unless I sense that the person genuinely cares.

But, when they do show genuine concern?  When I know they really want to hear my candid answer?

I want them to.  I want them to ask me again. 

Comments

Popular Posts