You Were The First




Your love for me existed before I came to be.
Even before my first breath, you cherished me. 

You were the first to hold my hand and the first to hear my heartbeat.
You laughed and cried and said "You're Mine!" 
as you watched me kick my feet.

Yes, You were the first, Lord.
Yes, You loved me first.

And you were the first to love Me as you walked the hill of Calvary.
You didn't wait for me to reach out to you.
You took the steps to make it right.
You took my sin, you fought my fight.

Yes, You were the first, Lord.
Yes, You loved me first.

And every morning when I wake, my soul begins to contemplate
that it's You who gives me breath - because you live, I live. 
I rely on You completely as Your love just gives and gives.

I say, "Thank God, You love me! You give me what I need!
Without You, my God, where would I be?"

Yes, every day You love me first, Lord.
Yes, You love me first.




Comments

Popular Posts