True Confessions of a Hopeless Romantic

You're dressed to the nines!
Dressed, polished 
and ready to shine.
Dressed with lace and a robe of splendor.
Darling, you certainly are a beauty and a wonder!! 

My mind is all gaga.
My knees feel weak.
I'm like a man who can't handle
an intoxicating drink!

You make Me feel gushy, 
these feelings inside.
You think I am kidding 
but I am not lyin'!

You make My heart race.
I'm fainting with love!
I'm certain that this 
is more than just puppy love.

I can't feel my feet.
My tongue is all twisted.
How many phrases do you need, my love
to fully convince ya!?

And now what can I do 
but simply embrace you completely?
Oh to be near you, My love
is My pleasure, not duty! 

I want to be close -- 
much closer than you think!
So don't be surprised 
if you suddenly blink
and there I am with you,
all there dressed in white!
I've come to enrapture,
enrapture you in plain sight!














Comments

Popular Posts