My Delight, Their Deliverance

You touch my lips, 
my rosy lips,
stained with the color of Your wine.
For they have tasted and I have seen that You are good.
Yes, I have tasted Your wine and have dined!

Oh, I know first hand that Your morsels are delicious. 
Your flavors! Your flavors, alone! They spark my interest!
I can not turn away after I have partaken of your dishes!

No, I can not stop. I come back for more. 
I feel like a kid inside a candy store!
I stuff my pockets, as well as my cheeks.
I watch as you laugh and say, "There is plenty!"
You smile with delight as I'm filled with all Your goodness.
You laugh again and tell me it's OK to lick the dishes!

I marvel in the moment, my brain inside a twister.
This banquet is too much for me. 
I am taken aback as I hear You whisper,

"Now, grab a handful and blow on it
and watch the scent flow out.
It can travel for miles and reach near and far. 
It can draw those hungry 
and those who are scarred. 
And those who are hurting and those who are weak,
and those who stammer
just because they need Me. 
Let the scent blow over 
so their mouths start to water 
and they find themselves coming 
ever closer to the Father.

My darling, 
this is how we will draw the ones who need Me.
The scent from this table
is more than just intoxicating.
It speaks a language that the heart alone can hear.
So when they smell My tasty food
they will understand deeply 
and come near!"




Comments

Popular Posts