Will You?

Will you let Me come to you in the open air, for all to see, for all to catch us in this love affair? Will you melt with Me under My shadow, in My arms in the bright, green meadow? Will you lay with Me beside still waters and let Me feed you grapes? Will you let Me be tender toward you, My dear? For I long to touch your darling face. 

And will you let Me pull back the veil a bit more, and let My light come in like the gentle morn'? Will you let Me have first place in your life? Will you let Me be the One you run to each day, each night? Will you let Me pull back the layers inside? The parts that are personal that get hidden from sight. Will you let Me have access, though it feels so deep? Will you trust Me with even that? Will you trust Me with the deeper things?

And will you look Me in the eyes and let Me see your darling face? Will you trust Me as you lean in? We can be honest in this space. No invaders will come in, the voices that accuse. They are silenced as you rest. I promise this and nothing less. 

Will you let Me hold you closer more today than yesterday? Each day a little closer? Each day, My love, each day?









photo credit: http://clipart-library.com/

Comments

Popular Posts