Let's Get To Know Each Other (Day 3)



Good morning! 

Today is a beautiful day!

Just talk to me this morning. Bring your cares, yes. Bring your worries, yes. Lay them here at My feet. They are safe with Me. Now, talk to Me. Our conversations don't always have to be about the things that worry you. Once you lay them here, aren't they in good hands now? Aren't you free from them now? And if you are free from them, aren't you able to think about other things? Aren't you free to talk to Me about other things? 

I want to be your Friend. A friend that is not only around when you cry, but also when you are laughing and sighing and shopping and cooking and working and driving and walking and socializing and... I want to be included. I want to be asked in. I will not impose on you. I'm not the guy that pushes himself into a party and insists on attention. I'm the humble one that shows up at the door hoping someone will let Me in. 

I want to be your Friend. A friend that you can make mistakes with because you know I won't laugh at you or walk out on you for it. I want to be the friend that you don't have to think too much about your appearance with. We can flop on the sofa together just as we are and talk. I want to be the friend that you freely enjoy life with. Why feel like you are walking on eggshells? You be yourself. I'll never condemn you for just being you. 

And talk to Me about the things that you deeply desire. Talk to Me about your dreams. Tell Me the things you'd like to see in your life -- the dreams you have in your heart. Why think I don't care enough to know your thoughts about them? Maybe, just maybe, those dreams have been put there by Me. And as you talk to Me about them, we can discover them together. Nothing is unimportant to Me. If it's important to you, it's important to Me. 

And one more thing, remember that I'm the Friend with the answers. I'm not just someone you talk with and then go on like nothing will ever change. Expect that when you talk to Me, things may start to shift and look different...both in your heart and in your life. Remember, I'm the Friend with all power. haha 

Thanks for listening today. Know that I love you so much and would love for us to get to know each other more. Will you be My friend?

-Jesus




photo credit: http://clipart-library.com/

Comments

Popular Posts