I Only Love You

A lovely moment shared with you 
is better than the morning dew.
It's like a kiss that lasts forever,
the smell of rain, a bed of feathers.

To be with you is more lovely, dear.
For you have My heart; I am wrapped around your finger.
You can say anything to Me and I won't go.
So it's ok to be honest with Me, My rose.


It's ok to be yourself and let Me see the deeper parts.
I only love you, and that's the end.
That's all the story has to say, My friend.
This is not a tragedy of any kind.
This story I weave won't be so unkind.
I'm not setting you up to let you down.
That's not who I am! You know I hate when I see you frown.

I want to make you happy. Is that so bad?
I want to see you smile, each time you come to Me; no dread.
I want to see you light up at the thought of us together.
My heart is after one thing-- to share life forever after.

So if I want to spend forever with you,
don't you think I'd want to make sure you're not blue?
I want to see a radiant bride! One who is filled with joy, 
not feeling forced or pushed inside.

And the only way to make that happen is if you open up your heart.
You must be willing to be convinced that I am for you -- every part!
You must be willing to believe that I'm good. 
I'm not the thief. I'm not the robber. 
I'm a lover, and I love you the way lovers should.




photo credit: http://clipart-library.com/

Comments

Popular Posts