Trading Up

I feel Your laughter, Lord. I feel You spinning with joy. I feel Your encouragement. I feel You here in this moment, even as I face things I don't know how to fully navigate. 

I hear You breathing out, so I can breathe in. Your breath is my life. In You I live and move and have my being. I can't move forward without You as My source. It's impossible to get my wheels out of the mud without You. I only spin and spin, like a stationary bike -- much effort but no movement. I'm stuck in this cycle without You. 

So I jump into your cart that can carry me on. I let YOUR wheels do the turning, as I rest and trust Your strong arm.

 "Here we go! It's off to the races and on with the show!" I hear You say. 

I have no idea where You're taking me, but I DO know that I will love it! I haven't traded my life for nothing. You give back SO much more than I could ever give up. My life is lost in You and that's the perfect place for it to end up. For when I'm with You, I'm not lost at all. Even if I can't see, You see every step, every decision, everything big and small. Nothing escapes you. Nothing gets by as You fully protect me. It's the advantages to surrendering completely! 

To YOU I surrender -- and I'm pretty sure I win in this bargain we've made. You take my life, but in the end I am completely satisfied! Oh Lord, I'm just completely amazed!






Comments

Popular Posts