Me & The Romantic

Tap Tap Tap on my window pane.
Tap Tap Tap it sounds like rain
falling down upon my pane,
falling down upon my pain.
Heaven's water finds my heart.
I feel it soften. Oh my heart. My heart!
Two choices I have in that moment He touches me:
to open or clam up, it's solely up to me, you see. No one can ever force me.

There's no need to be anxious. Love's not in a hurry.
He waits for my 'yes' like a chap who's proposed.
He does not push or pressure, 
but waits kneeling with a ring and a rose.

I'm taken aback when I see His true intentions.
He really is here just to love me!
I pause and am wowed 
that He saw me through the crowd.
And He makes it clear 
that He is here 
to go the distance.
This is is not a pretend love, 
not a 'one-night-romance' kind of circumstance.

So, I open my hand, as I open my heart.
He gently grabs hold with affection.
A Romantic to the core, 
He suddenly sweeps me UP and off the floor!
I squeal with laughter as He carries me,
carries me here & now & forevermore!

There's only goodness in store, I say to myself.
Only goodness in store.

Comments

Popular Posts