The Ox, The Lamb, The Gracious King

You come as an ox and a lamb.
You come and will not be muzzled. You come and will be gentle.
You are bold with your enemies, but light with your motions to the weak.
You don't squeeze and squash those who are still learning to speak.
You are humble. You are meek.

***

If you follow in My footsteps you'll see My gentle ways.
I don't thrash around and hurt the wounded. Look at My footprints! 
Am I not carrying those hunted by wolves, those gone missing and astray?

I'm not here to impose. I don't demand a grand reception.
If you want to spend your money on Me, spend it on the widows and little children.
If you love Me, then love them. 
For they are My heart. For them I have deep compassion. 
And why think that I need all this pomp & circumstance?
Do you think I need parades?
I desire mercy, a sacrifice of praise. 

Listen to Me here, dear Church.
I am speaking to you this day.
Remember that the Kingdom is not so far away.
It is IN you and AMONG you. I am with you night and day.

Now, come a little closer. I will show you more, for there is more!
Why stay stagnant when there's treasure to explore?
Deep inside the hidden places I have placed My gold and silver --
Kingdom wealth for those who will look!
For those who are willing to discover!
Come! I'll show you!
A world that's yet to be fully uncovered! 

Comments

Popular Posts