I Give In

Love motivates us to let go and let in
all the blessings He so wants to pour in.
He doesn't come to take. Why would He do such a thing?
He only comes to lavish. He only comes to release a blessing!

So why do we fight Him so hard, so much?
Why do we push back when all He wants is to bless us?
We're like a child who refuses to come
even though her father is leading her into delight and fun!

We dig our heels in. We don't want to give in. 
We don't see that life is better with Him than without Him.
His will is so much sweeter. 
His plans are pure, indeed. (That's all they'll ever be!) 
They can't be anything less 
because He is only good.
He is always right.
He is absolutely Holy.

And so we say, "Yes Lord! Come have your perfect way in me!"



All to Jesus I surrender 
All to Him I freely give
I will ever love and trust Him
in His presence daily live

I surrender all
I surrender all
All to Thee my blessed Savior 
I surrender all
(from the hymn "I Surrender All")


Comments

Popular Posts