Are You In Or Out?

I remember back when I lived with parents, they would be very conscientious of the doors in our house, especially the ones that lead outside. They would be very careful to keep them closed. Closed in the Fall and Winter to keep the cold out. Closed in the Spring to keep the bugs out. Closed in the Summer to keep the bugs and the heat out. I can still hear my father saying, "So are you in or out?” as I lingered in the doorway with the door open. “If you’re in, then come in and close the door. If you’re out, then go on and close the door behind you.”

Today, I can hear our Heavenly Father asking the same question as some of us are lingering in the doorway of His house, one foot in and one foot out. Half of our hearts wanting Him, the other half wanting something else.  

Joshua said something similiar, "Choose today whom you will serve." 

Are you for Him or against Him? Are following Him, or only entertaining the idea of Him? Are you loving Him or abandoning Him in your daily life? 

Are you in? Or are you out?



“So fear the Lord and serve him wholeheartedly. Put away forever the idols your ancestors worshiped when they lived beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord alone. But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”

‭‭Joshua‬ ‭24:14-15‬ ‭NLT‬‬
https://www.bible.com/116/jos.24.14-15.nlt

Comments

Popular Posts