I'll Leave The Light On

One of the scariest things to me is losing your child. 

How my heart goes out to the families of the children I see on posterboards at the grocery store or post office. 

LOST
HAVE YOU SEEN ME?

Desperate cries for help from the people who love them.  I can only imagine the number of broken hearts there are for every photo posted.  I always say a prayer as I walk by the poster.  Sometimes I even get choked up as I see their faces.

Who knows the stories behind those photos.  Was the child/teenager taken?  Did they willingly run away?  If they did run away, why?  And, do they know that there is someone out there that is looking for them?  Do they know that their faces are being mass sent and included in our coupon mailers?  Do they know how much they are loved?


I can only imagine then how our Father feels towards His lost children.  His posterboards would probably be filled with heartfelt pleas...

LOST!  My most amazing son.  My most beautiful daughter.  If you are reading this,  I want you to know that I am not mad at you.  You are not in trouble.  Please do not be afraid to reach out and contact me.  You can call collect any time day or night.  Please don't feel like you have to get your act together before you call me.  I accept you right where you are at.  I JUST WANT YOU HOME!!  So, please please if you are reading this...  PLEASE CALL YOUR FATHER.  You know where to reach me.  I'll leave the light on.  I love you. 
-- Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts