Counting Down & Crossing Over

God's messages come to us in so many different ways. First and foremost, His Word. The Bible. But He also speaks to us throughout the day through various means. Sometimes through people. Sometimes through nature. Sometimes through circumstances. Sometimes through odd things that take place in our day. He 'hides' Himself in plain sight, hoping we will glance over and notice Him, like when Moses turned aside to look at the burning bush. 

The other day, He used a simple conversation/observation I was making with my daughter, Bryana, as we were taking a walk together. We had to cross an intersection with a light/crosswalk, one with a blinking countdown timer for pedestrians to know how much time they had left to cross before the light turned. The idea of counting down sort of struck me for some odd reason. I thought to myself, there are only a handful of scenarios in my life that I really pay attention to countdowns.... crossing a crosswalk and counting down for New Year's Eve. (I'm sure there are others, but those are the two that struck me in the moment.) I sort of giggled to myself and told my daughter my odd thought for the day. She chuckled and said, "Yeah, you're right." The day went on as usual, not thinking much further about the subject... until this morning when I plopped on the sofa for a chat with Jesus. He reminded me again of the observation I made that day and I realized it was not just me making an observation, but the Lord wanting to show me something and speak to Me. Here is what He began to say:


Where are the places you countdown, Valerie?
Crosswalks and New Year's Eves. Yes. 

And what do they have in common?

They both are places of crossing over.
Crossing over from one side to the next.
Crossing over from one time to the next.

And that is what is now happening!
You are crossing over into a new place, new time!
New Land! 
New Era! 
New Beginnings! 
New Day! 

Remember how the Israelites crossed?
They crossed over from captivity to freedom,
their lives taking a beautiful turn for the good
as they crossed the Red Sea into their new place!
And I lead them all the way through!

So, keep your eyes on Me,
the Author and Perfecter of your faith.
I am crossing over with you.
The countdown has already begun!


How God surprises me all the time with how He speaks! haha! And sometimes I know it's just for me, but other times He shows me things that are not just for me, but for others, too. And this is definitely one that is for others, too! It wasn't just Moses who went through the sea. It was God's people with him!

So, take heart. If you are reading this and could use some encouragement... the countdown has begun and we are crossing over. 











photo credit: http://clipart-library.com/

Comments

Popular Posts