White Fields in the Window

I crawl up higher onto His warm, soft lap. It's a different perspective up there. It's safe, it's cozy, there's no agenda. I am fully aware of the moment, no distractions pull me away. I am fully accepted and completely welcomed for this is my place to sit. No one else can fill that space but me. 

He leans forward. His arms hug me tighter as He stands without letting go. He is fully aware that I am there. How could He possibly forget the child in His arms?

He stands up and begins to move about the room. His eyes are fixed on one thing: the window. He stares out the glass and sees for miles. He picks up on all the details. 

"Over there, darling." He says gently, pointing out at the fields popping with white cotton. "See how white the field is? It's time to bring in the crop."

He pulls me in even tighter as He continues, "The workers are getting tired, for it has been a long, harsh season. Go out and relieve them. Help gather."

"Daddy, the job is too much for me," I say. "Who am I to take it on?"

"Darling, I am not asking you to leave Me and do it alone. I'm inviting you to come along. Will you stay right here in My arms and we'll go together?"

"But Daddy, it's scary out there. That's where the wolves live. And I have heard of even scarier things than that that stalk about at night!"

"Darling!" the Father chuckled, "What does it matter if you're still up in My arms? You are just as safe out there as you are right here. I will never leave you. I will never forsake you."

I think for a moment and realize He is right, yet again. "That is all that really matters, Daddy," I said, grabbing onto His collar. "I will go wherever you carry me - no matter how far we leave our house. For home, to me, is wherever you are."

Comments

Popular Posts