Any Wall!

In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭18:29‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/psa.18.29.nlt


***

There's nothing like hitting that proverbial Wall. It's the Wall we stare at in the journey when we question if we can even go on. We've poured ourselves out and given it our all and now find ourselves running on empty. We literally are not even sure if we can put one more foot in front of the other. Even the thought of it is exhausting. We know in our minds we can't just throw in the towel. We say, "How can I abandon ship now? I've come too far." As we simultaneously say, "But, I have nothing left to give." It's a Wall that is bigger than what we've ever encountered. 

But the Wall may just be a reminder to us. We look down at our hands and remember again that we are human. Our own strength and determination is earthly and limited and there is only so much we can do in and of ourselves. We tire out, we grow weary. We aren't endless running machines.

But then we remember! We have a God living inside of us that never tires! We quickly go from looking at our hands to lifting our eyes toward Heaven, and say, "I can't, but He can!" And immediately we are energized! I don't mean re-inspired in our own strength. I mean physically, emotionally, mentally, and in every way ENERGIZED by Him! His Spirit rises up in us like Living Water and begins to flush out the exhaustion and despair and replaces them with renewed Strength! We remember that God in us is a Resource of Endless Joy - a Joy that translates as STRENGTH in the human body! 

The Wall, then, is no longer an impossible point in the Journey. Instead, it becomes an Opportunity to see just how strong God is and how powerful His Joy can really be! We stop saying "impossible" and start agreeing with Psalm 18 and declare,


"With my God I can scale ANY Wall!"

Comments

Popular Posts