A Must See...Again

My husband and I went to New Hampshire for our honeymoon.

If you have never been there, let me tell you, it is stunning.  The mountains, the waterfalls, the hiking trails, the moose-sightings, the cozy bed & breakfasts.  It left us so breathless that we decided to go back again a year later, and then again 2 years later to bring our new born daughter to see it, and then yet again several years later to let our second daughter see it, too (along with practically my whole husband's side of the family!) We just wanted to share it with everyone!  

Some might say, why keep going back?  Just take some pictures.    

But, no picture can do it justice.  It's one of those things you have to experience.  The majesty.  The colors.  The smell of mountain air and the snow (yes snow!) even in the middle of May, as you walk up the trails of the huge mountainsides.  As much as we would want to remember it all, we forget.  Our senses have the memory of how we felt when we took it all in, but daily life back in the suburbs clouds it  -- which is why we want to go back and relive it all over again...and again...and again.

I compare this to my breathless moments with God.  Moments that I tell myself I will never forget.  The wonder.  The majesty.  The speechlessness as I gaze.  But, when I come down from that mountain, though I have the blissful memory, I realize that memory is not enough.  I have to go back and see it again.  

And, every time I do, it never disappoints.  No matter how many times I take in such Majesty, 

I am always left speechless.  
I am always left wanting more.  



Comments

Popular Posts