JUST MARRIED (10 yrs. ago) part 3

#7  Talk to Him before you talk to him.

"In all your ways, acknowledge him..." (Proverbs 3:6) 
Funny what a difference a small discussion with Him makes before I have a discussion with my hubby.  Talking to God first about things helps me unload my burden, clears my head, and gives me proper perspective before I go sounding off to my husband.  Then when we do talk, I know there's a third party involved who says He will guide us in all our ways.


#8  Talk to me while I'm eating.

My husband has low blood sugar.  It took me some time to realize that he can't have much of a discussion when all he can think about is getting his sugar normal.   

When you really need to talk, it's a great idea to do it over dinner together.  No sense in trying to make your point over the sound of your hunger pains and the nagging of your low blood sugar.  It will also help set the tone and bring focus to what matters most about your discussion -- your relationship. 

#9  Sometimes she's right.  Sometimes he's right.

You don't always have to 'win'.  Put down your pride and really listen to each other.  You might find that this time your partner might actually be right!  I remember a time when I really thought I was in the right.  But, my husband was trying to tell me that I hadn't really been listening to what he was actually saying.  When I put my opinion aside and listened objectively, I finally saw where he was coming from.  And, ya know what?  He was right!



Comments

Popular Posts