All Roads Lead Me Home
I took the train and it lead me to Your station.
I unlocked a box and it teleported me right to Your location!
I took a ship that sailed right into Your harbor.
Every move I make in life keeps me coming back,
so I never leave you, Father!
I open gifts that remind me to think of You and thank You.
I start new projects, plans and jobs
and realize I can't do any of them without You.
I plant gardens and look up because I know I need Your rain.
Every move I make keeps me depending on You again.
Yes, You have kept my feet from wandering
far away from Home.
So many times I could have lost You
but You refused to ever let me go.
Even when I pushed against Your hand in my stubbornness and pain,
You held me even closer, Lord!
As You gently spoke my name.
What can I say then as I look back on my life?
How much can I really take credit for
when I know it's been You this whole time?
If I was honest, and I certainly can't lie,
I have to admit that it's been Your faithfulness that has carried me my whole life!
Yes, You have kept my feet from wandering
far away from Home.
So many times I could have lost You
but You refused to ever let me go.
Even when I pushed against Your hand in my stubbornness and pain,
You held me even closer, Lord!
As You gently spoke my name.
Photo: copilot
Comments