Eagerly Waiting

Can I shake the gift that is under the tree?
Can I listen and detect what is in there for me??
Can I rip a part open and just take a peek?
Can I just see a little 
just a little that's in there,
that's in there for me?

But You ask me to wait until the day is just right.
It's not that You're holding back,
for You do what is good. You do what is right.

So there's no need to worry 
as if the day will pass by 
and I never get to open the gift in my sight.
You'll make sure, for sure!
You won't let me miss it at all!
In fact, You will place it in front so I will answer the call.

You'll let me see plainly the plans and the schedule.
You'll be like a teacher and I, Your pupil.
You will be so careful to make sure it's right.
Every T crossed and I dotted, detailed and precise.

"So no need to fret!" I hear Your voice say. "I gladly give you the Kingdom! And you'll open your gifts on the perfect day -- just like on Christmas Day!"



photo credit: https://clipart-library.com/

Comments

Popular Posts