This is Why

This life can make me terribly restless. I have a tendency to over-think things that I should let go of. I can worry over people's opinions about me. I can be anxious about all the things I can't control. 

But there is a remedy. A place. A secret place. A place I can take a deep breath in and not worry about anything. A place that doesn't judge me. A place that gives and not takes. And this is why I just keep coming back to Jesus. Because at the end of the day, He is that place. He is My refuge. His peace is real. Literally tangible. I can walk in with an armful of troubles and walk out burden-free -- not because everything in my life is finally where it should be, but because I recognize I don't have to carry the weight of it. He lifts the weight, fills me with peace, puts a smile on my face and helps me enjoy my day instead of living a miserable existence. 

This is why I just keep coming back to Jesus. This is why. Not because I want to be some super-spiritual person. It's because I need Him. And life is so much better with Him than without Him, hands down.


King of glory washing over me
Cleansing, filling, renewing completely
Overshadowed by the Prince of Peace
Your Presence, Lord, is all I need.
So here I'll stay, 
in the shadow of Your wing.




Comments

Popular Posts