When All Hell Breaks Loose

 Confident: Full of conviction. Certain.

(Merriam-Webster Dictionary)

Whether we fully realize it or not, there are things in our day-to-day living that we are confident about.

Seat belts. I'm confident when I wear one. I'm confident that if the unfortunate moment comes that I'm going to need it, it's going to be there for me. It's going to do its job and secure me in place. It's going to do its job and secure my family, who's traveling with me, in place. In reality, it may be the very thing that saves our lives.

Smoke alarms. I'm confident when I go to bed at night. I'm confident that if a fire breaks out, it's going to do its job and alert me and my family. I don't even question it. Again, it could be the very thing that saves our lives.

Even though I am fully aware that these are man-made items, I obviously have enough confidence in them to use them and feel safe -- or at least safer than if I wasn't using them.

And in faith, I have confidence in God. I have grown to trust Him over the years. He has proven Himself to Me through various circumstances, showing Me His faithfulness, strength and care. Deep down, I know that when life happens, (and it does!) He's going to be there for me. He's going to 'do His job' and make good on all His promises to Me to never leave Me and to shelter and care for me. 

Now, it does not mean He promises trials won't come at all --  just like the manufactures of seat belts and smoke alarms don't guarantee that accidents and fires won't happen. But if they do, they've got my back. And so does God.

The wonderful part about this is you don't have be a 'long time user' to get the benefits. A person who uses a seat belt and a smoke alarm for the first time will get the same protection as those who have been using them all their lives. And same goes with God. He does not base His faithfulness on our user frequency. He promises that all who call on the name of the Lord will be saved (Acts 2:21). He promises that all who find shelter in the Most High will be covered (Psalm 91). He doesn't add to the contract saying you must be a longtime member for His promises to activate in your life. He simply needs your heart and your 'yes' and your trust. And even more than your seat belt and your smoke alarm, He is the very One that can save your life. 


Though a mighty army surrounds me, 

my heart will NOT be afraid.

Even if I am attacked, 

I will remain CONFIDENT. Psalm 27:3 NLT


Another translation:


When besieged, I'm calm as a baby. When all hell breaks loose, I'm collected and cool. Psalm 27:3 MSG

Comments

Popular Posts