Playing Offense

Mosquitos in the summer time have got to be the one thing that drive me crazy. I love sitting out on my front steps to read or enjoy the warm sun and breeze. But it's not long before those pesky things find me! First it's one or two mosquitos nipping at my legs. But soon it's like the whole army of them received an alert that there's some fresh blood available down the street, and they all come for me! UUUUGH! So, reluctantly, I give into defeat, grab my stuff, and retreat inside. 

But not long after I come in, I realize that I have just let myself be bullied! So, I get smart, grab the bug spray, give my legs and arms a little spray, and head back out into the battlefield. But this time I'm prepared. I'm not going to let them take me down! Ha!


The devil and his little minions I think play the same game with us. They like to poke and torture our hearts and minds, banking on the fact that we'll just give into defeat and retreat. They're delighted when we do because it removes the threat we are to them since, as Christians, the Spirit of God lives in us. See, the truth is, we are stronger than them because the One who lives in us is stronger than he that is in the world. So, the devil is actually terrified of us. And he hopes we will never walk in the knowledge of this and start playing offense against him. He'd love it if we would just keep living with the lie that we are under his thumb.


But, friend - WE ARE NOT UNDER HIS THUMB anymore! If Jesus lives in us, the devil no longer has a say in our lives. He is no longer our father. We have been adopted into the Kingdom of Light with God as our Father. And our Father's got a Sword for each of us that can be wielded against the enemy. 


Gone are the days of retreating! Gone are the days of shrinking back in fear! Gone are the days that we curl up in a corner and give up. Gone are the days that we stop enjoying life because the 'mosquitos' keep nipping at us. No more giving into defeat. It's time to pick up our Swords and play some offense!

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
‭‭1 John‬ ‭4:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬


http://bible.com/111/1jn.4.4.niv

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭10:3-5‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/2co.10.3-5.niv

Comments

Popular Posts