Some Direction, Please

I can remember how disoriented I was.

The CPR class I was taking was being held in a cabin-like building located in a wooded area. It was daylight when I arrived at the class and walked through the narrow, dirt path from the parking lot. But it was pitch black when I left and I must have been one of the last to leave the building because no one else was around.

I started out in the direction I thought I was supposed to go, but I soon realized that I was slowly getting more disoriented with every step. I started to question my surroundings as I tried hard to determine where I was and if I was even headed in the right direction. Determined and relaxed, at first, I squinted through the darkness to gain my bearings, trying hard to see if I could make out the silhouettes of any cars from the parking lot. But the trees and clouds blocked any moonlight that could help me.

I stopped walking and looked back toward the cabin. Darkness had set in behind me now, too, removing any frame of reference. I looked back into the forest, then back toward the cabin. "Wait, did I come from this direction or this direction," I said to myself, as I looked east and then west. I walked a bit further, stopped again to look behind me and then walked a bit more. I suddenly couldn't deny the reality of my situation. I was getting lost. Panic began to set in like a growing ache.

"God, help." I whispered, hoping He was listening.

Not a moment later, I literally 'saw the light.'

Headlights from a parked car in the parking lot suddenly came shining through the forest trees like a lighthouse over dark, troubled waters. How surprised I was to realize that I wasn't alone out there after all. I had never in my life been so happy to see someone put their car lights on!

Without missing a beat, I hustled toward the light that lead me right to the parking lot and to my car. I was on my way home in minutes.

God heard my prayer in my darkest, most lost hour.
God will always hear our cry for help
and He's happy to shine some light on the subject. :)

******




Comments

Popular Posts