Cozy Beds & Comfy Seeds

Moving out of your comfort zone.  Easier said than done. 

The feeling reminds me of when I have to get up in the morning.  I'm sooo comfy under those warm blankets.  It goes beyond my logic to move out of a place that I have become quite comfortable in.  But, I realize, if I don't, I could ultimately miss out.  Miss out on the day.  Miss out on all that life has to bring.  Miss out on what God has planned to do.

So I move.

It also brings to mind the journey of a seed.  What if a seed decided (if it could decide) that is didn't want to break out of the comfort of being a seed.  It might say to itself, "Why move beyond this when I'm perfectly happy as a seed?  Why step out and risk, well, everything??"

But, it does.  It steps out and risks because there are better things for that seed than where it currently is.  Yes, it may have some mud to push through.  Yes, there might be moments of it wondering if it will ever see the light at the end of the dirt.  But, the seed knows that what is to come is better than where it has been.  The seed moves forward because it knows that if it didn't it would never reach its full potential.  It would never bloom, it would never bear fruit, it would never know what it was created to become.

So, we do the same.

We step out.  We move forward.  We walk in faith toward what our Creator is calling for us to do.  We may be unsure of ourselves.  We may even question every step.  But, like the seed, we realize that we must.  We MUST move out of our comfort zone.  We must because if we don't, we may never know what the Creator has created us to become!

Comments

Popular Posts