Use Only In Case Of Emergency

Emergency Flashlights. 

We store them in our closets.  We put them safely under the kitchen sink.  We have them in a box somewhere in the crowded basement. 

It's merely a backup -- a light source we label "Use Only in Case of Emergency".  And, we don't see it as a necessity until the lights go out.



I have a tendency to treat my Light, the Lamp to my feet, like only an emergency flashlight -- Used 'Only in Case of Emergency'.  Kept safely in a drawer.  Pulled out only when all else fails. 

The funny thing is, once I open it and read, I can't pull myself away.  The pages come alive.  The words jump out of the Book like dolphins playing in the ocean.  I'm wrapped up its wonder.  I'm caught up in its passion.  And, I'm brought into a world that can not be found here in the natural.  It speaks and tells its Story and somehow knows my story, too!  I don't have to explain myself.  It already knows and already has become my Answer.  It already has become my True Light Source that can be brought out and used, yes even enjoyed, daily -- not just in case of an emergency.

Comments

Popular Posts