You-nique

There's a phrase that goes, "In a world where you can be anything, be yourself."

To the person who wrote that, I wanted to say, "Thank you".  Thank you for the reminder that me is all I can be.  And, that has been a  journey for me to discover.  No, I can't run like my sister.  No, I can't cook like my friend can.  No, I don't always have my words together and speak eloquently like my neighbor.

But, I am me.   And, beyond that, I am only an actress playing a role -- trying to be something I am not.

An apple tree makes apples.  It's not ashamed that it can't make pears because it was not designed to make pears.  Jaguars aren't better than turtles just because they can move faster.  And, eagles aren't better than snakes just because they have wings.  Creation amazingly expresses itself in its own unique fashion -- Rainbows.  Waterfalls.  Oceans.  Space. 

And, we should feel comfortable and confident, too, in how uniquely and wonderfully the Creator has made each of us.

Comments

Popular Posts