Mended

Needle and thread are the tools that I need
to mend the torn pieces I wear on my sleeve. 
I go looking to find them, it can't be that hard. 
The marketplace's filled with all sorts of yarn. 

But when I get home and give them a try, 
I notice that none of it suits -- I wonder why?
The needle's too big, the thread is too old. 
The fabric gets pulled the more that I sew. 
I start to wonder if it was worth all my dough! 

I fall back in my chair, who will fix these torn pieces? It seems I can't do it alone. 
I notice just then a bird flew from my window, singing his song of great joy. 
No tears in his wing - not a rip, not a thing! that kept him from speeding high and then low! 

So I ran out the door and watched him soar 
and land on my little green swing. 
He said, "I was like you, once broken and blue, 
but my Maker has fixed my strong wings! 
Yes, my Maker has fixed my strong wings!"



Comments

Popular Posts