Wait & Listen

Always wait for My voice. I will speak. I will come to you. Every voice you hear is not Mine. Some will spin you in circles. Others will make things more complicated than they need to be. Still others speak complete lies and there is no fruit involved. 

Listen for my pitches. You'll know Me by the notes I sing. You'll hear it and immediately say, "There it is. There's His voice." 

Wait for it like a letter from the mailman. You can't create your own mail. And so you can't create My messages. Just wait for them. If it's not there at the moment, than it's on its way. Don't be anxious if you don't hear Me right away. Just wait for it. I'll say what needs to be said at the time it needs to be spoken. Daniel waited awhile, too, to hear from Me. The real question is: are you ready to receive? Are you ready for the download? Clear some "office space" out for Me. Make room for my papers filled with My messages. 

Don't worry about what you don't understand. Just listen for My pulse, My words, My rhythm, My heart, My leaning, My impressions, My pressings, My simple words that bring life. 

Listen like a person waiting for someone to arrive at their house. They sit quietly and listen for the sound of any cars pulling up, or any footsteps coming down the walk, or any commotion at the door. 

Listen like one who is expecting a visitation.


My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  John 10:27 NIV

I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
I wait for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.
Psalm 130:5-6 NIV




*This blog is part of my “Speak Lord” series. It’s meant to be taken from the angle of God directly talking to us. 





Comments

Popular Posts