Mangia! Mangia!


“Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.”  
John 15:4-5 NLT  http://bible.com/116/jhn.15.4-5.nlt


"You eat first." That's essentially what Jesus is telling us. 

Before you can go serving or feeding anyone else, we must first take in the nutrients that we need from Him. For us Marthas out there, it may feel selfish. But it is not. In fact, it's prideful and simply foolish to think that we can go and do anything apart from Him. 

So sit. Eat. Drink. Take Him in. You're not only doing yourself a favor, you're setting yourself up to bear much fruit!

Comments

Popular Posts